Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Smoke Gets In Your Eyes


When VE returned to her ivory tower last night, she was pleasantly surprised to find a hand-delivered package containing four copies of the latest issue of Smoke - A London Peculiar. Contained within the new-improved, all-colour glossy cover of Issue 9 there is a two-page feature by yours truly, and if that's not incentive enough to make you buy a copy and support this worthwhile enterprise, then I don't know what is. (Click on the link on the left for more details).

Here's a sample from my piece, as teased on the Smoke website:
"The No. 6 swung round Marble Arch and set out up Edgware Road. Foolishly, I’d resumed gazing out of the window, my eye having been caught by the dazzling lights of the Odeon cinema, which was advertising a saucy new blockbuster where bodices were ripped and cherries popped. I say 'foolishly' because, when I turned back, I was both stunned and impressed to see the newly-formed friendship in front of me had progressed to kissing across the aisle. With steadfast British stoicism, my fellow passengers were burying their heads in their Standards, turning up their iPods, and giggling behind their hands; but I, as a diehard romantic, was gripped."
[No.6 Love Story]

No comments: